The Chevrolet Nova SS' final performance season was 1972. This
was the year
The SS was again little changed, although the three-speed manual shift was dropped, forcing the buyer to pay extra for a four-speed manual or Turbo Hydra-Matic.
The ’72 Nova SS was still a good performer for its day. Hot Rod clocked a four-barrel 350 at 15.42 at 88.40 mph in the quarter. Nova SS production spiked to 12,309 for 1972, as the death of muscle cars from other makers sent enthusiasts to Chevy showrooms.
Return to Classic Muscle Cars Library.
For more information on muscle cars, check out:
- Muscle Cars: Get information on more than 100 tough-guy rides.
- How Muscle Cars Work: Learn about the complete history of muscle cars, from the classic period in the 1960s to today.
- Chevy Muscle Cars: Find out about more great Chevy muscle cars.
- 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS: Learn about this exciting Chevy muscle car.
- 1969 Chevrolet Nova SS: Get the lowdown on the '69 Nova SS.