1970 Chevrolet Nova SS
The 1970 Chevrolet Nova SS boasted a revised grille and taillights and three hash marks on the front fenders. Engine offerings went unchanged, but variable-ratio power steering became available.
SS output hit 19,558 units for 1970, but how many were 396s isn’t known. Worth noting is that this year’s Turbo-Jet 396 wasn’t a 396 at all, but displaced 402 cubic inches.
Return to Classic Muscle Cars Library.
For more information on muscle cars, check out:
- Muscle Cars: Get information on more than 100 tough-guy rides.
- How Muscle Cars Work: Learn about the complete history of muscle cars, from the classic period in the 1960s to today.
- Chevy Muscle Cars: Find out about more great Chevy muscle cars.
- 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS: Learn about this exciting Chevy muscle car.
- 1969 Chevrolet Nova SS: Get the lowdown on the '69 Nova SS.